From:
Debra Chapman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:26:34 -0400
I realize this is a scam, but what does he get from it?????  I mean he
doesn't get any money from you, does he?  Does he ask you to send any of
your own money on to this other person who needs the operation?  This is
so weird,,,,,

Debra & the terrible twos (Kismet & Charlie)

[Moderator's note: Yes, you are sent a check (hopefully I don't have to
write "cheque" now that people are returning from Toronto) and asked to
deposit it and then send a portion of the money back to scammer after the
check supposedly clears.  But the check is indeed bad and the bank will
eventually catch up with you long after you sent the scam artist your
money.  There are several techniques used to slow down check processing;
I'd rather not get into on the FML ;-)  BIG]