From:
eri garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:10:30 -0500
OK, I'm getting conflicting reports, and I need clarification.

Last year, on this list, several people (including a vet, I think) posted
information about Ivermectin, including how to ask one's vet to mix some,
the cost, how to use it, the dosage, etc.  I proceeded to get a bottle
from the vet & have since used a couple of drops in my fuzzies' ears once
a month to prevent ear mites, and have given it orally based on weight
to prevent heartworms.  Yesterday, I posted to another NG asking for
clarification, because I thought that Ivermectin also was "Revolution",
which also is used to prevent fleas; yet our fuzzies currently have
fleas.  Now, rather than answering THAT question, people on that list
are warning me to STOP giving my fuzzies the suspension orally as it is
poisonous.  Some even claim that it is used only for external treatment
of mange on cats & dogs, NEVER for small animals, etc.  Needless to
say, I'm getting all sorts of info, and I know that people are trying
to help -- but I really need to know the facts.

Can someone here -- preferably a vet -- clarify this?  Our fuzzies
haven't suffered any ill effects from the oral suspension, but I'll
be devastated if I discover that I've been slowly poisoning them!

Help!

~Eri G.

--
@@@[log in to unmask]@@@ - An old-fashioned crochet
group!

For Ferret Lovers in Texas & its Neighbors!