From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:31:16 -0700
Hello everyone!

I wanted to give you all an update on Noah.  the little 16 week old that
we got in with a broken leg that we thought was going to have to be
amputated.  On our first visit to the vets it looked like he would have
to have his front right leg amputated because it was not only broke,
but dislocated at the "elbow" joint.  It had healed in a way that they
couldn't repair it.  The worry was that he would have trouble walking,
nerve damage, and worse, gangrene.

We decided to give him a couple weeks at our house to give his body a
chance to heal.  He would tire out so quickly and he kept dragging his
leg when he would walk.  We were leaning towards amputation..

However, over the past couple of weeks his movement has improved.  He now
uses the leg pretty well, though he still "throws" his paw out there
before he lands on it.  but he is not dragging it.  He has more energy
and runs and jumps and plays and even climbs.

He went back into the vets for another check up.  The vet now feels that
amputation does not need to happen.  There does not appear to be any
nerve damage in his leg!  He is using it and it seems to have healed
nicely.  The vet was rather surprised- as were we.

He will be going back to the vet today for his shots (I was so excited
about him not having to have surgery that I spaced getting his shots
done!).

Here is the other really good news..  NOAH HAS A HOME!  Nope, not here
with us.  though I would have LOVED to keep him.  He deserves a forever
home.  not a forever shelter.  He's perfectly capable of going to a new
home.  so we found the perfect place for him.  now.  I'm not going to say
WHO it is..  because I don't know if she wants the world to know..  But
she is a good friend and a wonderful ferret mommy!  She is going to be
picking him up June 18th --- yep.  fathers day.  what a cute "present"
for her and her hubby.

Hugs.
Joanne and Noah

Ferret Corner Shelter