Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:58:09 -0600
From:
daoine o' <[log in to unmask]>
I got home from work tonight and Monty-boo was gone.

My other half had just been in the ferret-room little more than an hour
earlier and everyone was fine, he said.  It looks like he bled out; so it
may have been liver cancer or lymphoma; his most recent labs suggested
something going on with his liver.

He was about 6-7 (a foster, so hard to know his exact age), but he had
a good last 5 years since I got him, and his quality of life was great
right up until the end, you really wouldn't know he was sick.  Eating,
drinking, pooping, playing, and plenty of his favorite treats; crunchy
Chinese noodles...what more could a ferret want?  He liked to play the
'bite-bite game', as I called it; he'd invite me to play.  He'd burrow
under a throw on the couch and I'd grab at his face and he'd try to bite
me through the cloth.  If I let him grab me he'd not let go.  I'll miss
the game; no-one else has ever played that game with me.

I'll take him to the vet tomorrow and see if he thinks a necropsy is
necessary.  Guess it's a good thing it happened tonight instead of
tomorrow night; my vet's closed on Saturday.  It was almost exactly a
year ago young Jezebel crossed unexpectedly on a Friday night.  That
was a rough weekend with a dead ferret in the fridge. :(

At least he went quickly, it seems.  He was laying stretched out in one
of the hammocks, warm but so still, I can only hope he went peacefully
in his sleep.

Fare-thee-well Monty-boo...may you have an endless supply of crunchy
noodles.

.and now we are 3...

~Sherrie

Sascha, Max, and Pixie

Waiting at the Bridge:

Razzle, my Dorkus McRazzle, my big dumb boy.  Good night, sweet prince.
04/30/98(?)-07/26/05.

Still missing Dweezil, my one small star.  08/26/96-09/03/04

Jezebel, Loki, Sylvi, and Natasha the stranger...