Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:51:52 GMT
Hi gang,

Here's my idea for a ferret shelter fundraiser.  All profits from
everything I'm selling on ebay for this month will go to the ferret
shelter (or shelter umbrella organization) of the buyer's choice.

As long as I know the shelter and can be reasonably sure that the funds
will go to the critters, the buyer has a choice: They can either just
tell me which shelter to send money to, OR they can just send me
verification that they have sent the difference to the shelter, along
with reimbursement for my postage, ebay fees, and paypal fees (if
applicable), and I'll send them whatever they won.  I'm not getting
anything out of it but a way to convert excess stuff into something
useful (and some fees for unsold stuff).

If I can't verify the shelter or don't know anyone who has experience
with them, I may stipulate that the money should go to an umbrella
organization (like Support Our Shelters) to be used for the specified
shelter.

I thought it was a good idea--especially for people who want to donate
anyway--but so far there hasn't been much response.  Here's the link :

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwclovergalQQhtZ-1

And keep looking.  My connection is slow but I'm trying to do some
housecleaning.

Cross post if it'll help.

Also, my summer vacation is now kicking in, so I'd like to renew of offer
of web site help for shelters who don't have one.  My skills are pretty
basic, nothing fancy, but I can get a site with all the basic pages.  I
hope that'll help with adoptions, donations, and the like.

That's all for now,

--Clover
and the rezweezils: Buddy, Butter, Buster (aka Fatboy), Lew, and Marissa

"Always selling quality bedding and other goodies to help the ferrets!"
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwclovergalQQhtZ-1