From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2006 02:12:49 -0500
Please watch out for them all you Rainbow Bridge guardians, I don't want
them to get lost.

As I have said earlier, Gabrial has not been doing well.  However tonight
I noticed Littleman straining to urinate and felt that his bladder was
overly full.  I rushed him to the vet (mine stays open 24hrs a day) and
took Gabrial with us.

The vet checked Gabrial and confirmed that he had an extremely large mass
in his abdomen.

She showed me how to aspirate Littleman's bladder for urine.  While
doing so, she had an extremely hard time due to his extremely large and
thickened prostate.  She decided that the fluid we felt was in part the
thick fluid produced by the prostate.  His urine was full of blood.

While saying my last goodbyes to Gabrial, I noticed that Littleman was
cold and barely breathing.  Although normal until this evening, his
little body was giving up the fight from trying to urinate.  He was
crying as I held him.

We helped both cross the bridge tonight.  The vet gave them some gas so
it was a quiet departure for both of them.

I am reeling.  I don't know what else to say.

Gabrial was a cute little man of unknown age from a pound in Utah.  He
came with health problems and had severe cataracts.  I have had him
around a year.  He would sleep in my arms and on my pillow, and would
eat just about anything I would let him.  He was my little white boy.

Littleman was taken in by my ex-roommate.  She decided not to keep him
or any of the other animals we owned, when I moved.  Littleman was hers
alone however.  I don't know how she could have given him up so easily,
he would give me nose bumps and loved sleeping in his box of peanuts.
His original owner decided to have him put down, my old vet talked him
out of it and my ex-roomie got him.  I am glad he moved here with me
though.

Me and Misha will miss them both greatly.  Misha would sleep with them
and play with them, I do hope he will be ok.

I feel blessed to have them both in my life.

Margie

http://www.margaretmerchant.net/images/gabrialshirtb.jpg
http://www.margaretmerchant.net/images/littleman.jpg