From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 12:15:18 EDT
>Nikki writes:
>
>You guys are too much.  I really think you guys give those ferrets a
>run for there money.  How on earth did you guys get to know each other
>so well?  I feel a little left out, being new to the FML.  You guys seem
>to be in your own little world.  FERRETS ARE AWESOME!!!!!

-- I am sooooo glad you wrote.  I love people.  The more the merrier.  I
love meeting people.  And when I post anything "silly" on the FML, that
is an open invitation to all to join and "play".  Really and truly.  I
crave it.

In the past, I've tried inviting people to "play" with me in my sand box,
and at times I think the only people that are brave enough to venture
there are Sukie, Wolfy, Big ... and of course Alexandra.  Sometimes
you'll see Robin, Deva, Kat, Reb, and others jump in and scramble my
toys then make a run for it.  If you watch, you might even see someone
swipe a toy to get a rise out of me.  And it always works.  So come on
in.  You can't get to know me unless you say hi like you just did after
all.  I sure wanna know YOU!  That's for sure.

Yesterday, I had an awesome surprise (talking about meeting FML'ers).
An FML'er breezed on through Chattanooga here, but not without stopping
to meet me.  This gal was the neatest person.  We've only exchanged a
couple emails before this, and she was nice enough to come see me.
Ferret people are the BEST.  My family and I now have a new friend.

Or ... well, I think we do.  You see, we had an "odd" day here that day.
Um, well, can you believe I was the most normal person here that day?
That should give you an indication of how bizarre it was.  First, my
husband with the ever shrinking hiney bent over to pick up a ferret and
gave our guest quite a site.  I tried using my best athletic move to leap
across the room and yank his shirt down to cover up the moon.  Robin,
here on the FML, keeps telling me, "Just say no to crack".  I try.  But
you know these people ... always pushing their crack on us innocents.
Scott didn't even seem phased by the fact that he gave this sweet young
lady quite a show.  Siiiiigh.

Then a pscho girl who is hot for my Chet called.  Scott answered the
phone and after hearing who it was, he purposefully tossed Chet the phone
so he couldn't evade her calls any longer.  Right in front of our new
friend, he puts her on speaker phone and he says, "Um, Linda?  I'm gay.
Yeah.  I'm serious.  See ... I met this guy ... and ... I'm tellin' ya,
good GOD!" ::click::  My eyes were huge and I was trying to figure out
what to say next, when little Sean peeks his head into the room three
shades of green and asks, "really"?  ::head hitting the desk::  Before I
could say no and tell him that it was a joke, Chet then bows his head
into his hands and says "yes".

This poor girl.  What did she walk into may I ask?  Meanwhile, Scott's
new bird is running around the table that we were sitting at with a pet
kitty.  No, I really mean it.  He has a tiny, plastic pet kitty that he
carries around.  Just when I thought we were going to at least experience
a normal farewell, a three year old baby comes dashing down the middle of
the street with a bull dog trotting by his side.  Barefoot.  Unattended.
I wanted to die.  Within 30 seconds of that, a redneck neighbor comes
flying down the road on a mini 50 motorcycle with his six year old
daughter propped up in front of him with no helmet, no pants, no shoes.
At this point I might as well have just laid down.  I felt like I was
dead where I stood.  What tops it all?  Is that she got in touch with
another FML'er who knows me.  And this FML'er tells me that she said I
was a "hoot".  ME!  What the heck did IIIIIII do?  I was the ferrets and
I were the only "normal" ones here that day!  Sheesh.  Why does everyone
look at me like I'm the crazy one here?

Wolfy,
who loves making new friends and everybody on the  FML