From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2006 06:55:12 -0400
Hi FML'ers,

Before I get into my post for today, let me say how proud I am of
everyone of you.  In today's world of four letter words, we civilized
folk, in describing the male of the species, have graduated to five, and
six letter words.  He has a belly button - priceless.

Now on to the latest adventure here at Ledoux Hospice.  Reilly Marie had
a very hard time adjusting when I took home.  She missed her other Mom
and she would not eat.  She lost weight and was only skin and bones.

I began feeding her by letting her lick her soup off of my finger, then,
we graduated to a half teaspoon measuring spoon, finally, she started
eating from her dish while I held her.  She would go back into her hammy
and go to sleep.  I noticed she would sleep in a ball, with her head and
feet tucked beneath her, and the hair on her back standing up.  When I
picked her, she was cool to the touch.  Was she cold in her bed??

I took one on her polar fleece sleep sacks, and with the open end to the
left, I laid it over her and tucked her in.  She snuggled down, and was
toasty and warm.  This went on for months, and for the last two weeks,
she now rearranges her sack.  She somehow gets the open end down, and the
sack standing up like the Cat in the Hats hat.  When I lift it on, there
she is sitting up, yes, she sits up, and I lift the top off.  I take her
out and she has her supper.  When I put her back, and tuck her in, she
rearranges the sleep sack again.  Anyone else have a ferret who does
this????

In the evening, when I come home from work, the sack is standing up like
a bee hive.  I still take her out to eat as she is my coffee cup warmer
gal.  If the soup gets cool, not cold, only cool, it is all over.

This little gal is special.  If I did go to raw feeding, for Reilly
Marie, I would need an old lady, boneless, hairless, mouse, who has
hot flashes.  And knowing my crew, it would still be iffy.

Marilyn and the gang at Ledoux Hospice.