From:
Stacey Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2006 09:46:34 -0700
About your ferrets:

1) How long have you had ferrets?
Two, two and a half years

2) What got you interested in ferrets?
I have always loved animals, ferrets in particular, and I have a very
good friend with 19 of them.  I spent alot of time playing with hers,
learning the things that new "parents" don't usually know.  I then fell
in love with my Diesel, at Petco.  I think we only had him about 2
months before we decided he was lonely.  Enter Jolie, also from Petco.
In conversation with other ferret owners and my "common sense" haha, I
decided that 3 was a better number, so that we won't have the depression
when one passes.  Well, the petstore we went to had a baby that we loved
(Leo, AKA "ouch damnit"), but the had a much older one that had been
there a long time.  Long story short, both came home with us.  (Hitch).
My daughter is now intent on saving every sad ferret story in our city
(she's 17 and does most of the work with them) so we have a foster,
Allie, 3 adoptees, 'Liah and Mekhi and Pepper, and 2 rescues from a bad
petstore, Dom and Mia (she is unable to use her back legs, only 3 months
old)

3) Do your ferrets get Easter baskets or have a Christmas stocking?
I am so embarrased!  Yes, they have their own stockings for Christmas
and we even have Birthday parties.

About you -

1) Do you consider yourself an enthusiast, owner or slave?
How about a slave/lover?

2) How many hours a week do you spend tending to your babies?
Well, on an average we spend at least 6 hours a day with them, but
usually much more!

3) Do you have any tattoos, piercings, etc?
hmmm, okay?  My ears are pierced and I do have a tattoo on my shoulder
blade (mid life crisis thing!)

About the FML-

1) Why did you join the FML?
I wanted to interact with other ferret-people, for information
(especially medical)

2) What is your favorite thing about this group?
I love the links to ferret goodies, the funny cartoons and stories,
songs, etc!

3) Least favorite thing?
I really wish that everyone could express their opinions without getting
so terribly nasty!  And, although I don't want it to stop, I get so sad
when half of the posts are of passings...

Lots of fuzzy kisses,
Stacey in Missouri with her crazy bunch!