From:
Kristen Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 23:11:41 EDT
A funny story to share about a ferret named Rusty and his grape --- I
promised this to you Wolfy and here it is!

Ok, so late the other night I was relaxing in my bedroom, watching some
T.V. and enjoying a small handful of grapes that were still on the
bunch, when along comes a pack full of fuzzies trying to figure out what
I've got.  One by one they all sniff the grapes and walk away.  All, but
one.  An intrigued Rusty stayed behind, standing up perfectly on two
feet, bobbing and weaving, sniffer just a going.  He licked one, then
slowly turned and walked away.  I figured at that point it was pretty
safe for me to eat my grapes.

Boy, was I ever wrong!  All of the sudden Rusty came charging at me,
lunged at the grapes and tackled my hand to the bed!  I quickly grabbed
the grapes with my other hand and held them up in the air to keep them
away from him.  Well, now he thinks they are trying to play with him.
He grabs a hold of this one particular grape and will not let it out of
his sight!  He wrestled it off of the bunch and bolted away with it in
his mouth!

His little feet were going so fast, he looked he was trying to drive the
Flintsone's car!  I chased him down the hall and into my office, grape
still in his mouth.  I attempted to retrieve it to keep him from eating
it and I was shocked at what happened next... Rusty gave me this awful
hiss and lunged at me, chattering up a storm, tail bottled brushed and
all!  The other four fuzzies came wandering over to see what the
commotion was about and Rusty would not let them anywhere near his grape!
He scooted the grape under his belly, scooted under the dresser and laid
on it!!  It took me four hours to get the stupid thing away from him!!!

I have never seen a ferret get so protective and aggressive over a
grape!!

What a grape event!!

Kristen and the Sunny Bunch
Sparky, Snickers, Frito, Skittles and Rusty "I'm the Grapest"  Fuzzy