From:
Wendy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 23:40:22 -0600
I've had a total of 8 ferrets over the years, but I'm to the point in
my life where I won't be getting any more ferrets.  I've currently got 2
little fur-beasties (Phoebe and Jasper), but I'm beginning to worry about
what will happen when I'm down to a single ferret.  In the past when a
ferret has died, the survivors have always been around to keep each other
company, but what about when the next one dies?  I've never had fewer
than 2 ferrets at any given time and I work in the daytime so I won't be
able to keep the survivor (Jasper most likely) company during the day
and when I'm out, and basically, what should I do?  Should I find another
ferret family for the two of them so that Jasper has friends when the sad
day that Phoebe dies comes along?  I'd miss them terribly and I like to
assume that they'd miss me, but just the idea of Jasper (or Phoebe) being
an only ferret breaks my heart.

How do y'all recommend this be handled?

Wendy and House Penferret: Phoebe and Jasper (and angel-babies Boobah,
Buttercup, Pica, Flower, Kibble, and Sasha)