Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:06:24 -0700
From:
Barb Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Last week, when we returned from vacation and picked the gang up from the
shelter where they were being boarded, we found that Harry and Dorothy
had both had Inso crashes, so the shelter mom checked all the oldsters
and discovered that Patton also had very low BG readings.  They had all
been less active than usual, but I was so distracted by Nemo, that it
didn't register.  We put them all on pred, and I brought them home.

The next day, Wednesday, when I got home from work, I discovered Harry
had crashed during the day and was in bad shape.  I had to work late, so
the vet was closed.  I gave him pred, then since the shelter is my next
line of defense, I dosed Dorothy and Patton and hurried him over there.
We gave him a sub-q with glucose, but he didn't respond well.  After a
nasty storm blew over I took him home and ended up holding him all night
while I slept sitting up.  Come morning, since he made it through, I
gave him his pred and arranged with the vet to bring him in.  He seemed
stabilized, but as I changed his blanket for a clean one, he gave me a
kiss on the arm, sighed and crossed the bridge.  He will be met by
Kaptin Nemo, IB, Princess Beana, and CC.

Dance and dook and play little Charming Harry, my little Ginerl.  And
enjoy your trip on the Naughtyless.

On Thursday, Dorothy crashed during the day.  Not as bad as Harry though.
I gave her pred and food (the hard way) and a sub-q and she rebounded.
Daddy (her favorite person) came home Friday, so she was content.  She
was not well on Saturday and did not respond well to the pred.  She let
us know that she was ready to go, so we did not do any extreme measures,
just made her as comfortable as possible.  Daddy held her until she went
to sleep and she crossed in her sleep.  She will be happy to join John
Boy, her cellmate who crossed before her and dook and learn to dance and
play in the Land Beyond the Rainbow Bridge.

Meanwhile, Ms T is mourning Nemo and Harry and has stopped eating and
started grinding her teeth.  She is undergoing ulcer treatment (sub-q,
carafate, amoxi, flagyl) and is responding.  She willingly took some
ferretone, and has eaten a little bit on her own today, so I hope she
is over the hump and on her way to recovery.

Sadly
Barb and the Underfoot Survivors