From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:25:15 -0500
An update on our little severe flea anemia little one.

Our vet helped pick a name, after a bit of thought, maybe 2 seconds, he
came up with Phoenix, and since it fits well Phoenix it is.

Phoenix is still with us.  He's still weak, but hanging in here.  He has
a light tinge of pink to his paw pads and gums now, he can walk without
falling over, and he laps his recipe from the saucer instead of lapping
from a feeding syringe, though he still gets his syringe feeding with
supplements and meds mixed in two meals a day.

I'm feeding every 2 hours when I'm home and driving home at lunch time
to feed him.  He's too weak to enjoy interaction with the others but
they do visit and sniff him before going on their way.  Oh and Little
Miss Lola doesn't care for him and can't understand why HE is on the
bed sleeping with me when that is her place.  She gets downright grumpy
when she finds him on the bed.  There is room enough for all of us,
it's a double bed and with only one human there is plenty of room for
ferrets.  Besides, Little Miss Lola likes to sleep UNDER the covers,
usually touching me, and Phoenix prefers on top of the covers under his
own fleece blanket AWAY from me.  Little Miss Lola will go off and pout
and won't share my bed for days.  Sheesh!

It looks like he'll make it, though I wish his red blood cells would get
on the ball and replenish more quickly.

hugs to all. tle