From:
Vicki Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2006 19:44:02 -0700
Have any other rescues gotten an email like the text below.  I cut and
pasted this from an email to my TTR yahoo email account.  I think
scammers are changing their style again.

Vicki
Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue
Pasadena, TX 77506

This letter is to establish my declaration to support your organization.
I am making a first time donation in the amount of One Thousand Dollars
($1,000.00).  A check in the said amount was mailed and addressed to you
as beneficiary.

Beneficiary Name: Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue
Pasadena, TX 77506

Do acknowledge with me as soon as possible to confirm the beneficiary
information.

My donation is mainly based on my sudden realization of the importance
of pets in our lives and how much joy they can bring to families.  I
have never really been a part of any charitable course or a regular donor
to any particular organization until a personal experience awakened a
realization in me.  I eventually understood that the importance of a
single act of kindness can not be over emphasized and it is left to us
to show those that are unable to fend for themselves that we love and
support them.

My predicament hit home during the summer of 2003 and my oldest daughter
was diagnosed with a rear form of cancer.  Though I lost her eventually
to the disease, I still get a lot of emotional comfort from the love and
support I got from absolute strangers and people I never even met.  This
experience awakened a realization in me that one good deed makes the
world a better place for someone in need and for all humanity in general.

Due to the vacuum created in my home as a result of loosing my daughter,
my wife had decided that we adopt a pet Ferret.  I am still overwhelmed
by the amount of love and affection that can be generated by just one
pet in the house.  The love is unconditional, and who would have thought
that one pet could make so much difference.  This whole new experience
instigated me to explore the possibility of charitable giving as a way to
enhance the life of others in general and those with specific needs in
particular.

I hope my email to you explains my situation from a personal perspective
as I need you to know why I have made this donation on a personal level.
That way, I can be rest assured that my contribution is appreciated
accordingly and the motive for my donation is quite understood.

I had made a promise to myself that I will contribute to any organization
that works with pets especially Ferrets.  I have made a one time donation
in the amount of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) to you on behalf of
your organization.  I made the check out to you personally because I
belief the best result is achieved when a person to person relationship
is established rather than being treated as a statistic.

The total amount that was made out to you is $2,800.00.  The balance
amount of one Thousand Eight Hundred Dollars ($1,800.00) is to be
re-directed towards the medical expenses for a surgery.  The financial
situation of a little boy in desperate need of a heart surgery was
brought to my knowledge and I could not ignore the situation as I could
relate to the family's predicament on a personal level.  I have included
both donations together for convenience and I will need you to re-direct
the balance $1,800.00 on my behalf.

I do hope my contribution is of considerable value to your effort.

I await your immidiate comfirmation.

Best regards,
Adams walker.

Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue Greater Houston/Galveston Texas 713-472-6599
"Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man
will not himself find peace." ~ Dr. Albert Schweitzer