From:
Randy Ferret Aid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2006 09:40:06 -0400
Hello all my friends!  It's been a busy week at the shelter.  There has
been a lot of hustle and bustle getting ready for the conference and
lots of people coming and going.  mommie is expecting auntie Renee today
and Dr. McNicholas tomorrow.

The shelter has also taken in a few new kids.  Some are great, some not
so great.

Isabella, Zach, Cadbury and Peanut came from a home.  Though their
home-life wasn't optimal, they were loved.  They are really having a
hard time adjusting to life away from their previous owners.  They have
also gone through nicotine withdrawal, their previous home was VERY smoke
filled.  even though mommie is a smoker, the smell of smoke from their
old home made even her nauseated!  Three of the four are Adrenal, with
Zach and Cadbury being the most advanced.  They are booked for surgery
July 5th along with a few other kids.

Then there is our latest arrival.  Little MacArthur.  He's very sweet
but looks so sad.  Uncle Stephen picked him up for mommie at an animal
control pound.  he was a stray.  He wasn't breathing too well so the
pound took him to a vet.  Nothing was found so he went to our vet.  He
has a mass in his lungs.  We're waiting on histo to find out what the
prognosis for this little boy is.  He's on antibiotics right now and
taking them like a good boy.  mommie is already very attached to him.

The little guy the shelter took in last week is holding his own.  Tiger
does have some MAJOR neurological problems and will be traveling to a
special vet in July for a prognosis.  In the meanwhile, he's quite happy
and loving and is VERY talkative.  He just can't walk too well and falls
on his little face a lot.  Some of you may get to meet him at the IFC
Ferret Aid conference as he *may* make a special appearance :)

Mommie also had the tattoo of me done last week.  i feel so special!
Her skin didn't like being tattooed, so though i was a white ferret, by
the time the tattoo artist was finished drawing me, i looked like a RED
ferret lol!  The tattoo is healing nicely and starting to look a lot
more like i did.  mommie will post pictures once it's healed :)

i'll try to get a report out to you from the conference next week.  i
hope you are all safe, happy and well!!

Love always,
Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society
www.ferretaid.org <http://www.ferretaid.org/>

Join us for the IFC Ferret Aid 2006 Conference!
Book early, almost sold out!!
http://www.ferretaid.org/events/ferret_aid_2006.html