From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:32:05 -0400
For me clearly it was an opportune intervention.

I had wanted a ferret since I first discovered them in Littleton, CO back
in 1978.  Upon arriving back in NH I found out at the pet store they
were NOT allowed as pets.  SO I waited.  IN 1993 I had endure a disabling
injury which permanently put me out of employment.  Sadly I sat at home
dealing with pain and disability-- for 2 weeks until-- I read in the
newspaper ferrets had been taken OFF the wildlife list and were
considered companion animals.  That week my husband & I purchased &
studied all the publications we could finds and the next week we brought
our first ferret home.  The story goes on and on-- but in the end it
weas in healing my injuries I was brought to heal ferets from theirs.

Alicia Drakiotes