From:
Cindy Michou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2006 12:51:31 -0800
Thank you Lora for the e-mail.  For those of you who haven't seen this
yet, there is an e-mail going around that is in memory to Jeremiah
Ferretwise.  It is so-o-o true!

I wanted to learn more patience and wah-la my husband comes home one
day with a ferret.  Now mind you my husband doesn't know anything about
ferrets and I didn't either.  At that time I was operating under the
mistaken impression that I was a dog person.  lol My first one, Sandy,
was a little bitter.  Took months of patient training to get him to
stop!!  Of course by then I was hooked on the little fuzzbutts and read
and learned everything I could about them.  My husband of course decided
that one was no good and that he needed a buddy, so-o-o-o he comes home
the next day with Cinder and the biggest cage he could find.  Then came
Dusty and Mischief, rescued from a feed store.  The first two passed on
and then came our next two, Misty and Bear.  Then several rescues that
we were able to clean up send to forever homes.  Yes, we have learned a
great deal from each one of them and we love them all.  I like to think
that when they pass over the bridge that they are making room for another
fur baby that needs a good home and maybe that new one needs something I
can give or has something I need to learn from them.

I'd like to give a big hug and thank you to all the shelter moms and
dads.  I know it isn't easy, there is sorrow, tears, fears and worries
but these are sprinkled with laughter, joy and unconditional love from
your charges.  Bless you for all that you do to give these little ones a
chance to know love, safety and security and a chance at a normal life
and when that isn't possible for helping them over the bridge, pass the
pain and the suffering.  And a big thank you to all who give these moms
and dads your support, be it money, supplies or a helping hand.

Hugs, Dooks, and Condolences to all,
Cindy and the gang at
Hiland Ferrets