From:
Debbie Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 04:38:18 -0400
Hi all,

I have a dilemma and need help.  While this is sorta ferret related it
is off topic.

I had planned on traveling to Canada for the symposium in June and have
found out that I am not able to cross the border due to a DUI conviction
in '01.  Several folks have said it's an old law, been on the books for
years but not inforced, no problem just come across.  When I did my
research I found that while it has been on the books for 20 years or so,
the border guards have been enforcing it since 9/11.  Myself and another
member from our shelter had planned on driving up from Virginia to attend
the conference as we had such a great time in St.  Louis and the sheer
volume of knowledge we carried away with us was extremely valuable!

So I turn to my core support in the ferret community for help.  Please
email me directly for the specifics of what assistance I need.

Yet another reason to never drink & drive.  Learning my lesson all over
again!

Thanks for your help in advance.

Debbie

Shelter Director & Foster Mom