From:
Alicia Gonzalez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 19:31:54 -0400
My ferrets love ProPlan Turkey & Barley.  They don't have any severe food
issues, but my little girl is extremely picky with the food she eats.
She seems to like the ProPlan foods, we started with the Kitten Chicken &
Rice ProPlan (until that point, she wouldn't eat ANYTHING but a nasty,
crappy Hartz food that came with her when my husband got her) and later
got the Turkey & Barley, to add variety.  All my babies seemed to really
like it right away.  When I introduced the Turkey & Barley I put it in a
small separate dish, and it was flying fast!  So fast that Lucas even
started stacking it up, in order to have it available in the "long" time
it took me to refill the dish =P  I also noticed their poops looked
better.  So now it's a very important part of their diet.  I already
wrote to Purina to ask them to please reconsider and not discontinue the
formula.

Well enough rambling, now I am going to the reason I'm posting.  I went
to my local Petsmart in order to try to get some Turkey & Barley to stock
up.  They had none left.  But they have a new formula made with turkey.
It's called ProPlan Indoor Care Turkey & Rice Formula.  It says it's for
senior cats.  I read the label and it looks good though - 43% protein.
However the ingredients do vary some to those on the Turkey & Barley
formula.  I'll list the first 5 of each formula:

ProPlan Indoor Care Turkey & Rice: turkey, brewers rice, wheat gluten,
chicken meal, corn gluten meal

ProPlan Turkey & Barley: turkey, pearled barley, corn gluten meal,
poultry by-product meal, wheat gluten

I bought a container so that my bunch can try it.  Maybe it will work
for some of you who also feed Turkey & Barley.  But since one of the
ingredients on this new formula is listed specifically as chicken meal,
perhaps it won't work for the little ones who are allergic to chicken.
Just wanted to share this, I think it might help a few people here.

Alicia - owned by Matilda, Mateo & Lucas