Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:45:53 -0400
This was sent to me this morning and I thought some of you
southwesterners mght be interested.  If so, please contact them.  I
have included the link and the actual info, with other parts snipped
and this one intact.  Enjoy!

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/0607phx-3ways0607Z3.html
3 ways to get involved
Jun. 7, 2006 12:00 AM
<snip>
Animal volunteer
3.The Arizona Animal Welfare League will be hosting its Camp Ruffin' It.
The weeklong summer camp is geared toward children ages 10 to 12.
Campers will meet various animals, including a millipede, a leopard
gecko, a bearded dragon, a rabbit, ferrets, rats, hermit crabs,
Madagascar hissing cockroaches, desert tortoises and gerbils.  Campers
will also help at the AAWL shelter through various activities, such as
splashing around in a kiddy pool while soaping up a pooch.  For more
information, visit www.aawl.orgor contact AAWL's Education Programs
manager, Sam Spinelle, at (602) 273-6852, Ext. 115.

Please send information about volunteer opportunities to
[log in to unmask] or call (602) 444-8093.

renee :)