From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2006 00:31:36 -0700
My sofa and love seat are recliners (which are not used) so there is lots
of room under them, filled with lots of small stuffed toys.  Now I know
why I find pieces of food behind and under the sofas.  Unfortunately I
brought in some larder beetles from an infested home -must have brought
in eggs on my shoes- and I have been battling them ever since, and the
food bits here and there attract both larvae and adults.  I find them
at night by crawling around with a flashlight and squishing them.

I used diatomaceous earth in the cage pans to kill larvae by dehydrating
them but it didn't seem to work too well.  Mostly I use a small dustpan
set and brush up the crumbs as I can.

I also want to thank Carol K. for the unexpected Mothers' Day card.  It
was really wonderful.

Carol Owens
Ferret Friends,
Tucson