Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 23 May 2006 08:21:44 -0700
From:
Mustela Putorious <[log in to unmask]>
Send Musty Pete Greeting requests to:

My name is Musty Pete.  It's a shortened down version of my Latin name
Mustela Putorious Furo

I once lived in a place called Berwick, Maine.  The winters were cold and
harsh and Spring was always a welcome time of living.  Everything turned
green again and life's spirit was renewed.

My human family were named Mom and Paps Doyle.  The Doyle's ran a shelter
for unwanted and sick ferrets.  I found the Doyle's when I was 4 years
old.  My former owner decided to go to college and I could not go with
her, so she surrendered me to Mom & Paps.  I lived with the Doyle's for
8 years, and I saw a lot of fuzz butts come and go.  I made friends
with each and every one of them, some closer than others, and I had my
favorites over the years.

As the years passed and I got older, I slowed down a bit.  But my health
was good...I guess I was lucky that way.  After a time, my age caught up
with me.... I would play with the youngsters until I tired, then I would
take a nap in my favorite sleep sack in Paps office... that is where Paps
found me the day I went to the Rainbow Bridge.

When I first arrived at the Bridge, I was a little bit sad that I had to
leave Mom & Paps behind.  But I soon learned that one day, I would see
them again.

When one's time comes to go to the Bridge, it can be a little bit
scary ...but it soon becomes a wondrous new experience of good health,
boundless energy and a happiness that is difficult to put into words.  I
met many friends who had traveled to the Rainbow Bridge before me.  They
were all so happy to see me, they dooked and danced and welcomed me so
joyfully.

It didn't take long for me to become familiar with all the wondrous
experiences the Rainbow Bridge community has to offer.  Endless supplies
of kibble and raisins, clear blue skies and rainbows that remind me of
a warm summer day in Maine, beautiful trees, flowers and meadows with
streams so clear, the water is so cool and refreshing, my old eyes are
young again and I can spend my days running through the fields, napping
by the meadows and waiting to be reunited with my one true love, Fancy.

Now I am a Bridge Greeter.  I greet the new arrivals with my good friends
Muldoone and SaraFerret.  Part of my job at the Rainbow Bridge is to
comfort new arrivals...I calm their fears, and explain to them the
wonders of being at the Bridge.  I show them around and help the get
reacquainted with friends and family who have traveled to the Bridge
before them.  I tell stories of the arrivals of others...some funny &
happy, some sad.

I enjoy being a Greeter at The Rainbow Bridge, it gives my life purpose,
it makes me feel loved and appreciated and those are feelings I will hold
onto forever.