From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 21:21:41 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

The video link John sent for BFF's made me think of the time I spent
in Louisville, sitting on a desk and watching (OK, monopolizing) a TV
monitor that gave a live feed of a mama BFF with her three kits.  They
were so sweet....so sweet.  I wanted to pick one up and breathe deeply
into the fur on his little soft back, hold him close to my face until I
had his scent in the long hair hanging down around my face.  I didn't
want to *keep* him, just enjoy him, and give him back to his mama.

She was a very good mama, plugging all three back onto a teat one at a
time after she got up to get herself a drink of water.  You could just
about see her counting them off in her mind.  "OK, there's the fat
one...good, good, now the one with the cold nose, OK, last one...all
set!  Gonna lie down now..." and she'd wrap her arms around her
beautiful family and snuggle down for a nap.

I SO!!!!  wanted to reach out and touch them.  I think we could have
raised about fourteen thousand dollars if we had auctioned off the right
to touch the babies.  Of course that good mama BFF would have EATEN the
winner.  The winner would have been counting to eight for the rest of her
life.  (But she'd have done it with a smile.  8, 16, 24, La, la la...32,
40, 48, Grin!56, 64, etc...)

Alexandra in MA