From:
Cara Grib <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2006 18:24:56 -0700
Hello folks,

Please forgive our contradicting posts.  We received Scragg a little
over two weeks ago as a gift from our friend who was present when our
two ferrets, Rothgar and Stella, died.

We decided to see if we could live with Scragg and raise him, even
though we were heartbroken over the loss of our two.  We had Edgar and
were overjoyed when we saw Edgar playing around with Scragg.  We thought
things were working out with Scragg and we should keep them.

After two weeks of watching him interact with Edgar, we realized that
Edgar no longer plays with Scragg - rather, he defends himself against
him.  If they are both out of the cage at the same time, Edgar will run
from one piece of furniture to the other, trying to avoid Scragg from
seeing him.  If Scragg does see Edgar, he attacks him, and Edgar runs
straight for the cage, putting himself to sleep.  Edgar has stopped
playing almost completely and we now have to separate playtimes.  Edgar
also seems to be losing weight ever since we got Scragg and we're worried
about him.

So, we're posting to ask someone who is willing to take on a beautiful,
dark-eyed, 3-month old albino male who is like a coiled spring ready to
launch.  Right now he has a bit of a biting problem, which consists of
nipping at your toes since they move and therefore qualify as a toy.
This also applies to fingers, although he seems to be doing that less now
that we are applying continuous, gentle scruffing with the word No when
he does it.  We are in the Chicago area but do commute to Kalamazoo, MI,
regularly to visit family.  Please email me if you are interested.

Thank you for your patience, support, and caring with this.

Cara, John, Edgar, and Scragg