From:
Anne Willingham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:56:53 -0600
It would be helpful if shelters asking for help could list their location
when they mention their name.  I never know where you guys are.  I'd like
to help the ones around me, but I never remember where they're located.
Just a thought.

Also, in the good news category...
Bear went in for insulinoma surgery on Tuesday.  The vet took 4
insulinomas off his pancreas and a cyst off an adrenal gland.  Bear
crashed at the end of the surgery (quit breathing, heart stopped, the
whole nine yards).  He scared the snot out of the vet's office.  With
a bit of work they revived him and he is doing great.  The bruising on
his tummy is much better today and he's moving around the room at home
(albeit slowly).  He is, of course, begging as many treats as I will give
him (Ferretone mostly).  He's eating fine, drinking fine and from all
evidences pooping fine.  Yay for Bear!!  I lost two guys back to back
right after Christmas to long term adrenal.  Losing Bear would have been
(if you will pardon the pun) unbearable.  Staples come out in a week or
so.  I have every hope that he will be back to his little incorrigible
self!  (Hugs again to the now defunct Cloud Nine shelter for giving me
the gift of Bear.  He's a great little fuzzie...)

Anne
with Miesa the Old Lady, Bear the Miracle and Claudius the New Kid