From:
Alicia Gonzalez Legorreta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:46:07 -0400
Thanks Sara.  I know that companies usually don't immediately update
their websites, but I was being hopeful.

Everybody please write to them!  If you have ever moved you know how
stressful that is.  At least when I moved I had the peace of mind that my
ferrets were with me and were safe, no matter what (which is more than
can be said of furniture, with the scams many "moving companies" make
everyday).

Staci - Delta did accept ferrets in the cabin.  You were probably victim
of an ignorant employee (very unfortunate, specially since you were
trying to get away from a hurricane).  That almost happened to me the
last time I flew with them.  We had checked in our bags and were ready to
go to the gate when a supervisor came by and asked what kind of animals
were we carrying.  When I said ferrets, she said "Oh you can't bring them
on board with you".  I replied that their policy did allow ferrets and
that it was even published in their website.  She checked on the computer
right there and had to accept it.  It was kind of annoying, specially
since everything had already been verified by the person that checked
our bags.

It's so upsetting that no airline wants to let our ferrets travel with
us anymore!  Everybody, please write to Delta - hopefully we'll be able
to make them change their minds.  This is something that affects us all.
You never know when you may need to travel with your fuzzies.

Thanks,
Alicia - owned by Matilda, Mateo & Lucas