Date:
Tue, 2 May 2006 22:11:22 -0400
Our female ferret, Manta, is having trouble.  We are currently treating
for Kidney issues (infection is unlikely so probably kidney disease).
The vet did urine, fecal and blood work.  We are giving 12cc SubQ fluid
once a day.  She is on Amoxi twice a day as well as medicine for stomach
problems as the vet thinks she may also have issues with the lining of
her stomach.  The problem is that her symptoms are not improving.  She
has been on fluids for 4 days so maybe I am expecting too much!

Initially their was weight loss, dehydration and diarrhea.  While eating
she seems to grind her teeth.  She has continued to lose weight and goes
on and off her food.  She is getting a/d twice a day also (syringe
feeding when needed).  Her poop is better, but the teeth grinding and
continued weight loss is worrying.  In the research I have done we have
Kidney Disease, a blockage or an ulcer.  The last 2 require less stool
that we are getting..any ideas?  Maybe I am expecting too much too soon?
She has been on amoxi for 2 weeks.  Appreciate the input.

Ailigh and Manta