From:
Shannan Skitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2006 12:40:51 -0400
My Ferrets LOVE me!!!

Yep it's true!  I went all mothers day listening to my own mother telling
me that ferrets are not children and they do not make me a mother.  I
listened to my sister tell me that since I have not gone through labour
and given birth to a hoomin child I do not get to celebrate Mothers Day.
Then I came home to my own house to watch my own ferrets shower kisses on
their Daddy!  So I dutifully gave everyone their medicines and soups and
tucked everyone in to bed.

They were TRICKIN me!!

Yep it was all a Fuzzy joke!  I went to the mailbox this morning and my
kids had sent me a special ferret Mother's Day card that they had ordered
from the Krause household.  Well needless to say I was surprised!
Everyone got a special treat, more kisses than they wanted (they are at
that age -sigh!) and I did the happy Mom dance!!!!  I was appreciated.
I was not forgotten.  They forgive me for shoving Baytril, Pred,
Chlor-Palm, Flagyl (okay maybe not that one) down their throats!  I am
still their much loved mommy!

They got me a card all on their own, no help from Daddy who was just as
surprised as me!  My kids are growing up!  Soon they may use the litter
box too!  A mom can dream can't she?

Oh it was a great card and a wonderful surprise!  I feel like a mom
today. :-)

I hope you all had a HAPPY MOTHERS DAY too!

(Oh and sign up for Card exchanges... I have a sneaking suspicion it has
something to do with this!)

Regards,
Shannan

Please join us for the IFC Ferret Aid 2006 Conference
June 23-25 in Toronto, Canada

To support our shelter
visit www.FerretAid.org