From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2006 09:19:25 -0400
Hi FML'ers

Marilyn at Ledoux Hospice again.  I read with interest what you do for
ants.  I have Ladybugs, those cute, spotted, red-coated ladybugs.  I have
millions.  They are in every sunny window, and no, they do not do aphids
on plants, in fact, I put them on my plants and they walked off.  I do
not know what they eat, I do not know what they do, and when it gets warm
outside, they leave.  I guess what I need here is a crew from ladybugs to
mice, dogs to ferrets that do not have a Union.

Just so you know, I did try the raw diet, I thought the ladybugs were
small, you could hold one down with your foot and peek under your toe to
see it, so no big deal.

Wrong - We looked at the pretty ladybug as it scurried along the floor,
we even gave it a bat, BUT, that was all.

I guess the shells are to hard, I don't know how warm they are, the
gazillion living in the front room sunny window were warm to the touch.
Where they go at night, I do not want to know.  I do know it is not in
anyone house except mine.

With hard shells, not much meat, and very little juice, I can see how
the girls would not want them.  Then, the wings might get stuck in their
teeth, and the ladybug feet would tickle the roof of their mouths.  I bet
they would be scratchy going down.  All in all, it is probably to much
work for to little gain.  Besides, good ol' Mom has boneless, skinless,
chicken thighs cooking on the stove, and the blender is waiting.

Now wait a minute, I do not spoil my girls, it is just easier to get the
boneless, skinless variety than to go out in the barn and get them a real
live chicken.  That way, I'd be picking up feathers, not the ones the
ferrets pulled out of the birds, the ones the birds lost under stress.
Then they would not lay any more eggs.  So the store variety is better.

Anyway, I would appreciate help with the ladybug issue - no receipts
please, just solutions.

Marilyn