From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:13:21 -0400
When good natured ribbing and adventures happen here people can jump
in.  Many of us on the FML have met each other just that way through
the years.

The reason I am mentioning that is because I noticed that some people in
their surveys mentioned cliques so it hit me that perhaps people don't
know that joining-in option exists.

Also, while some of the adventures and stories are here to raise spirits
during hard times, other are related to fund raisers that help ferrets.
I think that sometimes people don't know that.

Others are old jokes that first appeared to "explain" ferrets but took
on a life of their own.  FLO (Ferret Liberation Organization, if my
memory is working right) is one such thing, complete with teleporters
leading to flying saucers leading to...

So, read on the FML to find out which ones are fundraisers seeking help.

Join in!  Think of such silly conversations as a swimming hole.  Just
because some kids are already there doesn't mean that they won't approve
of your high board cannon ball entrance, or of you slyly sneaking into
the fun with a slick dockside dive.  The more who play, the merrier!

Along that line on many years in Springtime in the northern hemisphere
there has been an FML "poetry contest".  People send in their ferret
poetry, limericks, and song lyrics: funny stuff, statements of love,
sharing of joy, tributes, even some short-short stories... It is a step
beyond the usual ways we all share here, and a time when those who
otherwise might be too shy to show everyone their work can do so.  It
is almost May!  (Hint, hint, hint...)

Would you like to see past examples?

The Ferret Poem Book (which also has illustrations, song lyrics, and
short stories) can be found in

http://www.dookingweaselforge.com/

Click on stories in the menu on your left and go from there.

Come play!  Everyone needs some fun in life.  Your ferrets say that
every day!

-- Sukie (not a vet, and not speaking for any of the below in my
private posts)
Recommended health resources to help ferrets and the people who love
them:
Ferret Health List
FHL Archives
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
AFIP Ferret Pathology
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html
Miamiferrets
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/
International Ferret Congress Critical References
http://www.ferretcongress.org