From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:39:41 -0400
I would have posted to you individually to get the info there quicker,
but here goes....  I hope you read this before school starts up again.

Take him to your vet.  With a large loss of weight, there is probably
something wrong with him.  It might just be depression, or it might be
something worse.  At any rate, I'll just bet you that you can present
this poor guy to the vet and get him a *DOCTOR'S* *NOTE*.  Schools pay
a lot of attention to doctor's notes, as I learned when my daughter had
chronic nausea when she attended school.  If she had one, she was golden.
If she didn't, the absence counted against her.  Have the vet write a
note to the teacher that the ferret is failing to thrive at school.  Have
the vet write a note to the teacher that he MUST be in a private home in
order to survive, and he is in danger of dying if kept as a classroom
pet.

That should do the trick.

And if that doesn't work....bring him home in a little while and have
him "expire."  I'll probably go to Hell for lying, but I'm not above
lying to save the life of a companion animal.

Melodyt and the fab five

--
Melody Tomaszewicz
Holdings Record Maintenance Team Leader

             \(_   \(_

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."