From:
Inez Gowsell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 08:42:24 -0700
I prefer the wood pellet litter because it is good for odor control,
and I have some in one litterbox in my apartment. However, my current
furkids think it is something to play with, so I find wood pellets all
over the place.

At the moment, I'm trying a combination of Swheat scoop (ground wheat)
and World's Best Cat Litter (ground corn).  They are both of a similar
texture and good clumping litters, and the ferrets seem to like them.
Unfortunately, both of these products are much more expensive than the
pellets.

I'm sure the clumping litters are easier on the ferrets feet too.  A
disadvantage of the wood pellets is the round shape.  Just imagine
standing on a pebbly beach and trying to go to the bathroom.  I think
it might be a bit uncomfortable for them, which is why they like to
play with the pellets instead of pooping in them.

When my previous ferret got sick and was just too weak to climb in and
out of the litter pan, I started using the Puppy training pads for him.
I would put them down in his enclosure and just change them regularly.
The advantage of the puppy pads is that they have a plastic backing, so
the urine wouldn't soak through to the floor.

Inez
currently a servant to Lola and Rio