From:
John Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 00:14:08 -0400
Greetings!!...I`ve read about Insulinoma in Ferrets, and have been lucky
enough not to have to deal with it for 14yrs & 12 furrbutts,.... but I`m
still not sure of it`s,..shall we say, definition...

The word "Glycemic" has been used, but since I have Diabetes, I wonder
if the "terms" used, mean the same, or are similar in their meanings,-
for both ferrets & humans......

I have 'Hyperglycemia',...'High Blood Glucose' levels,.... then there is
'Hypoglycemia',...'Low Blood Glucose levels,. >>>....this is the one
that requires in an emergency situation,(pass-out, collapse,), to start
with the victim ingesting some glucose, candy, most anything sweet till
emergency personel arrive, for those of you who didn`t know.

Is Insulinoma a name given for 'either' high or low blood sugar in
ferrets??  I also have read where those ferts that 'crash' sometimes,
from Insulinoma, are administered "Kero Syrup"..(brown or dark?..I never
found out which, but both are in my cabinet!).  This leads me to believe
that this fert, was suffering from 'low blood sugar',(Hypoglycemia).

One more thing, "if" ferrets can have 'High blood sugar',(Hyperglycemia),
what does one do for these 'energy-endless' victims?

Thanks, ahead of time,.....Dooks!.....
John Rich & the n.j. gang, USA!

john rich <[log in to unmask]>