From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 06:53:59 -0500
Hi Y 'all, Its me again, Marilyn from Ledoux Hospice.

With 9 furkids of all sizes and two feathered kids, (You ain't seen dust
till you've seen them shake) here is a tip.  Get yourself a forced hot
air system - open all the windows, crank the heat, get the blower
blowing, let the dog chase the cat around the house, you chase the
ferrets, the dust flies up off the furniture and is blown out the window.

I used to be an immaculate house keeper, now, I would rather touch lives
than touch dust.  I want to be remembered for what I left behind and the
people I touched, not the dust I chased.

When was the last time you were at a cemetery and saw a headstone that
said, I wish I'd spent more time cleaning, or I'm sorry I didn't spend
more time at work????

Now, I keep house one step ahead of the Board of Health. And, they know
better than to come to my house.

When my well was not well, and the water was staying in the ground, 325
feet down, the people I talked to were upset that I had plans to use
my outhouse.  My house is over 200 years old, and I have a stone lined
outhouse built into my shed.  You'd think I was going to blow up the town
hall.  BUT, no one says anything about the tons of disposable diapers
full of organic matter (I'm getting good) in the town landfill.  HELLO -
matter is matter because it is in plastic doesn't make it safer.

We do our thing here, we are all fed, clean, happy, and warm.  When times
were hard, we always had the basics, maybe not 70 degree heat, or steak.
We may have had to eat wild greens, and the heat was 60, but we all
survived by snuggling with each other.  Fur kids are very warm.  They
look into our eyes, they warm your soul, they snuggle up to you, they
warm your body.

We is happy campers here.

Marilyn and the happy gang at Ledoux Hospice.