From:
Gordon Bengtson CI-ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 06:50:59 -0500
Ferrets will tell you many things if you learn how they communicate to
you.  They do not have formal speech and do not understand our words but
they do understand our tone of voice!

A ferret will 'talk' to you by their body language and actions.  They
communicate an idea more than a specific point.  They will tell you when
they are hungry, hurt, or need something and will indicate what they
need.  One has to simply watch them and interpret what they are doing.

Just watch what your fert is doing and think about what they are telling
you.  Mine tell me they want a cheerio by coming to me and bobbing their
nose off my foot!  They persist until the cheerios are given and then
they are happy.  Bud once had all the muscles tighten up in his back legs
and they stuck out straight in front of him.  When he saw me he quickly
scampered right over to me 'telling' me he needed help.  and I helped
him.  Yes they do talk but use a very different language.

Aarrow Ranch Aviation
Rev. J Gordon Bengtson
7302 Hunterbrook Drive, Suite 100
Mechanicsville, Va. 23111