From:
Mary Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:35:05 -0600
Charles was an enigma, a little like other ferrets, but mostly just
Charles.  He was very, very reserved, suffered depression, and illness
most of his life.

As a kit we almost called him Chuckles because when we let him out
through the house he would just Dook away, chuckling to himself, too
cute!

Charles came to us at 5 months old ADV+ and already suffered total
paralysis and recovered except for neurological problems with his left
rear leg.  He lost his playmates because they died from ADV.

After X-rays and blood tests the vet could not find anything major wrong
so I finally contacted an Animal Communicator to help me.  Thank you
Lisa!  She told me he was depressed because he thought it was his fault
that he lost his friends and the elders.  Thankfully she explained to him
it was their choice to go and he was not at fault, just like it was his
choice when he was ready.

He always wanted a friend and I tried to integrate him with the Terrible
Twos.  Even at age 5 they are still more rambunctious and I would always
protect him from them.  But they got along and would even sleep together.
I think they knew he needed someone.

He was the only ferret I knew that we could leave on the back porch
unsupervised for short periods of time with the cat door open and not run
off.  He loved the porch and to go outside and trek through the grass.

He loved to chase my feet and steal my slippers.

One of his favorite spots was to lie between the chair and TV center,
feeling safe, watching everything that was going on in the living room.

He finally got use to me picking him up and hugging him even gave me
kisses or would just touch my lips with his nose.  I was constantly
trying to make him feel comfortable or get him well, but I was fighting
a losing battle.  I knew when he came to us I would not have him for a
long time.

Charles left for the spirit world on Sunday, March 26th at 3.5 years old.
Charles, my Charles, I love you, miss you, and I hope you are healthy,
happy, and snoozing away in your furry hammock that I made especially
for you.

Love,
Mom and Dad