From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 06:45:32 EST
I'm not a vet.

Seven isn't really that old, I've had them lie to ten, I've heard of
eleven and twelve year olds.

Your ferrets might be losing control of his baldder due to a partial
blockage--very common in older males.  Generally there is an adrenal
tumor that's involving the prostate which then blocks the urethra.  It's
also possible that he's had some seizures as a result of the insulinoma
that have caused brain damage.

My advice is to cage him and clean the cage as needed.  Give him plenty
of free time on a non carpeted floor.  Another possibility is to get
two Marshall's Ferret Playpens and hook them together, Put plastic carpet
protectors down, and throw some towels over that.  Easy to clean, plenty
of room.  My girls live full time in that setup, minus the carpet
protectors--I've got tile floors.  I let them out for a couple hours
each morning and night.

But more importantly is to have the vet rule out a blockage--that can be
fatal if not treated.

Anne