From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:27:18 -0500
Sukie has mentioned that Dr. Kawasaki talked about raisin toxicity at
the 2005 International Ferret Symposium(r) in St Louis last year.  I just
wanted to clarify that this was not his formal presentation to the whole
audience, but was a Table Topic given to a small group of people.  He
provided a handout that some attendees may have gotten in their goodie
bags.

Preliminary transcripts have been prepared from several of the talks,
and will be available for sale soon.  Dr. Tom Kawasaki's presentation
was on eye and heart diseases, and Dr. Kevin Fitzgerald talked about
household poisons.  We will also have transcripts for presentations by
Dr. Bruce Williams on gastrointestinal diseases, Dr. Sandra Kudrak on
USDA regulations, and a Q&A session with all vets.  Unfortunately, poor
audio quality prevented inclusion of Dr. Karen Purcell's excellent
presentation on the basic ferret physical.

I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting these transcripts ready.
I know many people are eager to get them for themselves and their vets.
The transcripts will first be available at the Derby City Forum in
Louisville next month, and for order by mail shortly thereafter.  We will
have both printed transcripts, and mp3 files on a CD for audio playback
on computers or mp3 players (will not play in audio CD players).

Linda Iroff
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org