From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:24:43 -0800
I am trying something new (for me) and it is working.  The kitchen is the
ferret room these days.  Over the past month, I have found that lying
sheets down around the edges of the room (anchoring the edges under
stuff) and putting the litter and food containers on the sheets helps.
I double the sheets lengthwise.  The fers love to tunnel in them too,
They also use them rather than the floor to wipe their little butts.

You've got to be careful navigating the floor, of course -- not only are
sheets on vinyl slippery, but you have to watch out for little lumps of
ferts in folds.

The sheets are a tactic that followed putting mutiple litter boxes around
the room and then putting multiple food containers -- I suppose I have
abt 10 now.... but hey only 4 litter boxes.

Plus I learned that the gang (of 7) is most likely to ignore their litter
boxes if, after waking up, the boxes have old poop and pee in them.

My most recent tactic, though, is to lightly sprinkle kibble all over the
floor.  Not one accident so far.  They do not ike the kibble spread about
though, and eat it up so I have to refresh it fr time to time.

What did you say bout the usual use of a kitchen?  Oh well, first things
first.  You say that it wd be less work to clean up the poo than to do
all this prevention?  Well, yes, but, well, um, shall we say Each to
ther own appraoches to life and housework?