From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:48:35 -0500
I think that Mike set some sort of record of how fast a patient with the
Whipple Procedure can go home because that is where he is is now!  Wanda,
his wife, is someone who I am sure deserves part of the credit because
she is doing an incredible job nursing him.

They know that some cards may still arrive at the hospital so I suspect
that the hospital will hold those for pick-up as happened when we have
had someone in the hospital.

Cards and letters can now be sent to:

Mike Janke
11930 SW 131st Avenue
Miami, FL 33186

The weather is cooperating and helping him have a wonderful time in
which to heal.

It will be while before he is up to doing much ferret work and then it
may be off and on as he repairs.  Meanwhile, others of us are helping
as we can, which is the same thing Mike has always done for for people
when needed.

Mike is one of the best people in the ferret world.  His Miamiferret
articles that he has personally written are so superb that they have been
quoted and recommended by vets in publications.  He gets marvelous vets
to also write some of the articles there.  His Miamiferret Forums help
many, and of course, through the FHL where he has been a co-moderator for
almost 5 years, and in the FML, also, he has helped thousands through the
years.  Few people are such treasures for the ferret world, and I know
that we all want him to heal well and as rapidly as is optimal for him.

-- Sukie (not a vet)
Ferret Health List co-moderator
FHL Archives fan
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/