From:
Jacquie Rodgers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 23:31:54 -0700
The last mass mailing went out a week ago and that letter was directed
specifically to Brett Weinberg at 8 in 1 as a direct result of an IFC
representative's exasperating conversation with him.  She needed a
message sent, we sent it.  This whole campaign has been directed at:

FIRST about educating ferret owners on what constitutes a good treat
and drawing attention to those treats that are life-threatening;

SECONDLY it is about trying to get the manufacturers and distributors
educated that ferrets are obligate carnivores;

THIRDLY, that IF they absolutely refuse to remove/reformulate these
items, there are people out there who are, by the magic of the internet,
banding together and willing to see this thing thru to a courtroom if
they have to.  As I have said previously, I am *not* a plaintiff in this
case.  I have never fed this stuff to my kids - thank God.  For all I
know, one of the injured parties, however, *may* be a broken hearted
attorney ready to go the distance and is just waiting for the word that
the manufacturers aren't taking this seriously.  That I cannot reveal
to anyone at this point.

What our emails said to ferret owners everywhere was:
"THESE ITEMS ARE DANGEROUS AND CAN KILL YOUR FERRETS, FOLKS!"

........ And to the manufacturers:
"THESE ITEMS YOU ARE SELLING US ARE KILLING OUR FERRETS AND WE ARE
NOT GOING TO ALLOW THAT TO CONTINUE!"

As far as I'm concerned, the letter writing campaign has probably done
about all it's going to do at this juncture.  I do believe that large
companies need time to digest what they have heard and make necessary
decisions.  I am confident that the IFC will stay in touch with 8 in 1
and encourage them to follow Kaytee's lead.  If the IFC gets to a point
where they feel the need for another mass mailing, all they have to do
is say the word and it will happen.

Thanks again to all the faithful email writers - you DID make a
difference!

jacquie rodgers