From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 00:07:09 -0800
I lost my Eddy back in 2001 in the same manner.  He had gotten a kitchen
cabinet open and crawled behind the oven.

The landlord had recently replaced the range and had cut away the cabinet
wall to make it fit.  I'd put latches on the cabinets to make sure no one
could get back there - but I must not have pushed the door all the way
closed.  I also had reached my hand back there and felt the space.  It
was so narrow - no ferret could fit there.  I was very wrong.

My father was over helping me look and found him there.  He had dark
liquid coming from his mouth and his lips were a little burned which
indicated he must have stepped on a wire and been electrocuted.  I can
only hope it was fast.

I was racked with guilt over this loss and the day I found Eddy - one day
after Christmas 2001 - was the day I'd just put my dog, Tyler, suffering
with bone cancer, to sleep.  One loss is hard enough to bear - but two
in the same day?  That was a very, very sad year :(

Thanks for posting that on the FML.  Maybe with your warning ferrets
lives can be saved and their owners will never have to go through what
we did.

Laura and The Seattle Seven at http://www.ferretocious.com