From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 12:34:02 -0500
I have to second the rave over Carbon Monoxide Detectors.  My husband and
I, and the fuzzies, might not be here today were it not for our Carbon
Monoxide Detector.  I had bought one some years ago, my husband insisting
it wasn't needed.  The thing went off early one morning, and I had a
horrible migraine.  I later found out that symptoms of carbon monoxide
poisoning are very similar to migraine symptoms.  We had our furnace
checked out, and the heat exchange was cracked allowing carbon monoxide
into the house.  Thank goodness no one was harmed permanently, as far as
we know.  So I too would recommend anyone who doesn't already have one
to get one, especially if you have a gas or oil furnace.  And if it goes
off, get the furnace checked.

Holly
Icarus & Cato