From:
Alicia Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:23:49 -0500
A bill that would allow folks to keep their pets and get reimburse up to
the purchase price when deemed ill withion 20 days of purchase was struck
down before it left the floor.  Technicalities in the bills draftsmanship
as well as testimonies cost pet puchasers assurance teir returned pets
would not be destroyed in tghe case of return for refund policies.

This was why Mr "Get A Pet" testified - along with NH dog breeders to
kill the Lemon Law bill in NH Jan 12.)

Can you see whty he thhought reimbursing vet bills was too much to ask of
retialers?

( Get A Pet Petstore
re: Fox Run Mall, Newington, NH

Maria of Berwick ME (7/23/03):
Three out of the four German Shepherd pups that I purchased time had
grave gentic defects.  These company has a store in Manchester, NH,
Concord, NH and Newington, NH.  One pup had to be put to sleep at 4
months old because he had a genetic disorder in his brain.  I can back
this up because I took him to a neurologist in Portland, ME and have
documetation.  Charlie at 5 months old had to have his ball joints taken
off his back legs b/c they were so displaced that was all they could do.
Teddie, at 7 months old had to have his front legs removed and bone that
did not grow together taken off and he also was diagnosed with severe
bowel disorder.

The store did refund my payment for these pups because I had all my
medical documentation to back me up.  However, I have spent over $5,000
in addition to help these pups live a happy life.  The situation caused
not only economic problems but also family ones.  )

You can bet when the 18-24 mo wait is over the bill will be revived and
once again brought to the floor I will personally help to write the
future amendments to our current RSA.

Alicia