From:
zoosferretsanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:04:31 -0600
I met Rita online, several years ago.  She was a member of the FML, &
became a great supporter of our sanctuary.We were soon close friends.
We emailed often, & talked a lot on the phone.

She called me a couple months ago.  Said she had a NASTY cold & the flu.
She wasn`t letting her babies out to play, because she didn`t want to
infect them.  She became much worse, & was dragged into emergency, about
5-6 weeks ago.  She couldn`t breathe!!  Turns out she had CHF---and they
siphoned 2 litres of fluid off one of her lungs.  Later,she wound up in
intensive care--and they did more tests---and found big time terminal
cancer.(This was two weeks ago)

I was the first person her sister called, after the Dr. told her she was
terminal & left the room.  Rita & I had agreed, over two years ago that
she would take in a group of five of our babies if I died--- -and if
SHE died, we would take hers in....It was time for us to make good on
our promise...

Thanks to two wonderful new ferret friends, who drove the first 8
hours,and to my wonderful husband, who drove 22 hours round trip to
Tulsa Oklahoma to meet up with one of them---Rita`s seven babies made it
here safely 10 days ago.

Rita left this Earth, this morning at 9 a.m.  She knew her babies were
going to be all right.  She was able to rest in peace....

We will miss her terribly.

Love,
Zoo