From:
Gordon Bengtson CI-ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 07:17:20 -0500
Someone wrote yesterday about one of the pics in the FML calendar, was
glad to see others enjoying the pics of the calendar!

Of course Byte-me is in there, a pic taken just a couple months before
she crossed the bridge.  I have the original picture framed, with others,
and hanging on the wall.  Every time I walk by I look at her and think.
When I walk by her grave site I think and all but come to tears.

How can a 56 year old guy get so upset over a weasel?  Guess it is
because I truly miss that most gentle and loving little fur ball.

I used to grip her head in my hand and give it a kind of wide but gentle
shake with a firm grip, She would come to me and shove her head into my
palm pushing for me to do the head grip/shake routine.  Is now we
communicated.  She would be out somewhere in the house tucked away when
I went to bed, but invariably about 10 minutes after I got into the sack
Byte-me would come to the bedroom and I would hear and feel her claw her
way up the end of the bed covers as she would get under the bed spread to
make that 'warm lump' by my feet where she would sleep till I also got up.

She used to love being outside but in later years she became almost
blind.  Being outside was ok for the first 10 minutes but then she would
find me by scent and come to me to climb up my pant leg 'asking' to be
taken back inside.  Either that or she would climb up into my lap if I
were sitting down and just stay there until I got up.

She got her name where as a kit she would bite and chew on me so much I
almost got rid of her!  Yet at one year she just stopped that totally and
became the most gentle little creature one could imagine.  In fact when
she would 'kiss' me she would roll her lips back and so very gently touch
me with her tongue.

Needless to say I still miss her greatly, the best little pet I ever had.
Maybe when I cross the bridge she will be there waiting for me, and that
for sure would be heaven !!!!

Aarrow Ranch Aviation
J Gordon Bengtson
7302 Hunterbrook Drive, Suite 100