From:
Randy Ferret Aid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 15:10:42 -0500
Hello everyone!  Just wanted to give you all an update on Kit, the ferret
that was abandon at the pet shop the other day.  There is still no word
on the baby that was stolen from the pet store and the store still
refuses to call the police of take further action.  Shannan, has written
a formal letter to their head office in hopes that some further action
will be taken on their part.  We don't want to push them too hard as we
worry that if we do, they will instruct their employees not to do the
right thing in the future and if this kind of thing happens again, the
sick or dying ferret may just be euthanized or disposed of in another
fashion.

Kit is doing MUCH better.  Though she still has a noticeable head tilt,
she is playful and eating VERY well on her own.  She is on some very
strong antibiotics and fluids in the shelter as her medical costs were
too overwhelming for the shelter to carry out on our own.  She's won
the hearts of everyone who has met her and is truly a fighting spirit!
She's a tiny 2 1/2 month old and we're all positive she will make a full
recovery.  It's really a shame that the man who owned her didn't care
enough to take her to a vet early in her illness, all of this could have
been prevented.

She is still a little skittish of new people and sudden noises but is
starting to come out of her shell.

We're hoping Kit will get along well with the shelter's newest arrival,
a yet unnamed little girl.  She too was abandon just the other day in an
apartment.  She is VERY thin and was found near death by the apartment's
landlord.  She is not spayed and arrived at the shelter on Saturday after
spending some time at the local animal pound.  The two girls have a lot
in common, both unwanted and both were near death only days ago.

Miss Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>

Join us for the IFC Ferret Aid 2006 Conference!
Book early, almost sold out!!
http://www.ferretaid.org/events/ferret_aid_2006.html