From:
D&J Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:11:37 -0800
First, our prayers and good thoughts should be with both Vinnie and
David, sounds like he has been having a tough time and hopefully God
will take care of Vinnie and bring him back.

My baby, Elvis, is 5 years old and was diagnosed with Lymphoma in Dec.
of 2003, then came 2004 with chemo and in the middle of that year, he got
adrenal.  Lupron was working until this last Sept. 2005, when hair loss
started again, and now is almost totally bald.  Oh, he did go into
remission from his Lymphoma in Sept. 2004, Dr. Katrina Ramsell calls him
her miracle ferret since the chemo protocol we used, she had never tried
before.  He is still in remission but it seems that the adrenal is going
to get him.  So some good Hope and Prayers would be appreciated.  He is
also totally blind but he loves his sister(Noni-3 1/2yrs old we think got
from shelter and she was a drop off that had been found) and his brother
Sammy- 2 yrs old.  While he was still on chemo he lost his baby girl,
Sissy(was his cage mate and she was adrenal and tumor just grew again-
had left one taken out and they think a piece of it lodged in the middle
of her stomach-was tennis ball size by the time we had to help her to the
bridge she wasn't even 5, 3 1/2 weeks later his older brother just died,
found him dead in his cage when I got home from work he was 5 1/2, he
also was adrenal.

So anyway, we took Elvis up to the Oregon City Ferret shelter and he
picked out Noni and we had gotten Sammy 2 days before that(his owners
didn't want him)  So now he is in pain at times, and have stopped the
Lupron since isn't working and the vets can't hardly feel his adrenal
but it sure is doing alot of damage.  We are just going day by day and
praying that God will not make his last days painfilled.  He doesn't play
anymore, just will wander around a little at night, then curl up in my
robe for cuddles.  He also won't go to sleep at night unless I put Noni
in his bed with him, he waits and then covers her and starts giving her
kisses, it is so very special.  We also tried the melatonin implants and
they didn't help at all.

Just wanted to share, am a new member to the news letter and have been
wanting to write.  God bless all of you and hope that your new year is
a happy one, my heart bleeds with all who have lost babies lately.

Julie, Sammy, Noni & Elvis