Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 18:24:12 -0500
A few months ago, my Rocky lost some fur on his tail, mostly on the top
and has blackheads.  How do you know whether this is adrenal, since he
has no other adrenal symptoms?  If it is not adrenal, how long does it
take for the fur to regrow?

I plan to make an appt to see my vet, whom I'm spoken to about this when
the fur first fell out.  He said I should come back in winter if it
doesn't grow back and he will do the Tenn.  blood test and ultrasound.
Which of these is more accurate?  I am concerned that if Rocky does
have adrenal disease and needs surgery, my vet doesn't have a lot of
experience as he is not out of school very long.  Though I like him--he
is very smart and is a ferret lover who has his own.  Should I go to
someone who has a lot of surgery experience?

Feel worried and up in the air even though Rocky shows no signs of being
ill.  He will be 5 yrs. old in Feb.  He is my first and only ferret.

Thanks for any advice.

Shron