Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:08:17 -0800
I agree with Wendy on this and I have a few thoughts to add.  Cathy gave
me the two whole ferrets because I have never worked with whole ferrets
before and I wanted to gain the experience.  I too was contacted by this
breeder.  I KNEW that I couldn't afford to take many so I let the other
rescues handle it.  I didn't want to get into something that I may not
be able to handle so I opted out.  What concerns me is that this breeder
contacted rescues that she THOUGHT she could trust to keep it quiet.  She
specifically didn't contact some here because she knew that the whole
situation would be broadcasted and she didn't want that and well, here
we are, it is as public as she didn't want it.  Now, should she ever get
back into breeding and come across another situation, is she going to
reach out for help?  Is she gong to trust the rescues?  I bet not.  Not
only her, but what about other breeders?  I think, in my opinion that the
situation should have been kept quiet.  I'm not saying that the rescues
in need shouldnt ask for help, but I think that it should have been done
differently.  Situations change, there are times when people have to ask
for help, but that doesn't give the right to criticize.  She did the
right thing by asking for help rather than allowing an overwhelming
situation to continue to get out of control.

Thanks Wendy for giving some clarification on this.

Lora